top of page
Summer 2022 Outside Front of House.jpg


Get to Know Us

The two-story house, was constructed from 1860-1862, and was remodeled and expanded in the late 19th and 20th centuries. 

There is a "summer house" (hexagonal gazebo) with walls and benches made of laurel root. 

The house was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1986.

In October 1992, the house was purchased by the Mount Airy Restoration Foundation. 

bottom of page